Look for the Steeple!
Park across the street and enter the doors under the steeple.
Gathering in the Sanctuary (COVID-19 Precautions)
Exercise personal responsibility and Christian love of neighbor when attending in person. Learn if you are at increased risk of illness from COVID-19 and if you should take extra precautions by visiting this webpage from the CDC. Please do not attend in person if you or anyone in your household:
- Have been in close contact with a confirmed/suspected case of COVID-19
- Are experiencing a cough, shortness of breath, or sore throat
- Have had a fever in the last 48 hours
- Have had a new loss of taste or smell
- Have experienced vomiting or diarrhea in the last 24 hours
Before you come to the building, please do the following for yourself and everyone in your household:
- Check your temperature. If your temperature is 100.4 F or greater (a fever), do not attend in person. Instead, gather online.
- Sanitize your hands with soap and/or sanitizer.
Look for the Steeple!
Arrival & Parking
- Handicap parking is available by the fellowship hall (look for the covered drive) to the right of the building as you look at the Steeple). If possible, please call Southside (256) 353-8814 or Pastor Christopher (256) 274-1780 during the week so that preparations may be made for your arrival. Otherwise, simply arrive and we will assist you. You may exit through the same door you enter.
Entering the Sanctuary
Enter the building through the Sanctuary doors directly under the steeple. Other doors to the building will remain locked for security.
Facial coverings are not required. If you feel comfortable wearing a mask for medical reasons, you may do so.
Restrooms & Water Fountains
As you enter the building under the steeple, into the vestibule of the Sanctuary, you will find Restrooms on each side for use if needed during the service. Water fountains are temporarily disabled. If you have need for water, please let an Usher or Deacon know and we will provide a bottled water for you.
The worship service will include readings of Scripture, prayer, congregational singing, ministry of music, and preaching. The service typically lasts one hour. Announcements, words, and Scripture texts are displayed on the screens at the front of the Sanctuary.
Offering plates are not passed throughout the congregation. Instead, worshipers are encouraged to give tithes and offerings, decisions, prayer requests or contact information by using the plates located by the entrance doors. Thank you for advancing the Gospel through the local church! Online giving is available at southsidebaptist.net and through the Realm desktop or mobile app.
Printed bulletins are reserved for special occasions. Announcements are displayed on the screens before and after the service and communicated through Realm (w/email). Pastor Christopher hosts a weekly Southside Snapshot phone/video call on ZOOM and provides weekly updates at that time (see Realm w/email for connection details).
Children gather with the church for all parts of the worship service except the sermon, as an intentional way of passing on the faith to the next generation. On most Sundays, children-specific activities and teaching are offered during the sermon portion of the service.
Exiting the Sanctuary
At the conclusion of the worship service, you will be “sent out” into the world to be a witness for Jesus. Exit through the same door that you entered.
- If you entered through an alternate door because of a handicap need, you may exit through the same door you entered.
- Make use of hand sanitizer stations as you exit.
The Church Office is open Monday - Thursday, 9a - 3p and can be reached at (256) 353-8814. Unanswered calls are forwarded to Pastor Christopher at (256) 274-1780. The Office entrance is located on 8th Ave. Ring the bell and you will be let in, or someone can meet you at the door.
- On Sundays, the Sanctuary and one Children’s rooms will be open. The rest of the building remains closed and clean.
- Coffee will not be made or served.
- The building is cleaned and appropriate surfaces disinfected each week.
- If you test positive for COVID-19 after attending a worship service in person, please let Southside know as soon as possible.